The Calvert football program is extremely excited as we gear up for the 2013 season. On Monday, the 29th of July, the Calvert High School Football team will travel to Shepherd University to participate in our third annual summer football camp. This will be the first step in what is guaranteed to be an exciting 2013 season. Our campers will gain great insight into our offensive system and the basic skills required to run a hard-nosed, physical defense. Furthermore, this camp experience will be enhanced with quality coaching from as many as 17 Calvert coaches, bringing our camper to coach ratio close to, 2 campers for every 1 coach.
Shepherd will supply an air-conditioned dorm and their dining facility will supply 7 high quality all you can eat meals. Also, our players will have the opportunity to work with many of the Shepherd football coaches in preparation for the upcoming season.
As the camper you will need to bring the following:
- T-shirts, Shorts and Socks for SIX practices (having enough gear to change out of wet cloths between practices promotes a healthier and more comfortable experience)
- Tennis Shoes
- Hygiene Kit which includes: 1) toothpaste, 2) tooth brush, 3) deodorant, 4) soap, 5) shampoo,6) gold bond, 7) sun screen, 8) eye care and anything else you may personally need to maintain a good order of health throughout the three day stay
- Sheets for a single bed and or sleeping bag
- Small amount of cash for evening Gatorade and pizza orders ($30.00 – $40.00 should be enough)
As the camper these are the things you should not bring:
- No TVs
- No Video Games of any kind
- Do not bring any valuables that you can’t afford to lose or break
- We will leave from the Calvert High School parking lot at 8:30 am on Monday the 29th of July
- Be there at the school at 8:30 am
- We will arrive back at Calvert High School at around 4:00 on Wednesday the 31st of July